~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Letting Go..

My friend sent me this through email.. I think it is very interesting and meaningful. I think Kit Yee, my classmate, should really read about this cos she is going through some sort of identity crisis now (she said one hor). Actually I can also relate to the article because sometimes I just dont know how to let go... Maybe it's time to buck up myself and forget things of the past....

Letting go(adapted from an anonymous piece)

Letting go doesn't mean I stop caring.
It means that sometimes people have to do it for themselves.

Letting go is not giving in to powerlessness.
It's understanding that complete control is only ever a rhetorical position.

Letting go is learning that listening does not mean waiting to speak.

Letting go is not trying to change another.
The more we seek to change others, the more we are blind to ourselves.

Letting go is staying away from the blame game.
Things happen, people get hurt, people die. It has always been so.

Letting go is not to regret what has happened, but to think of the part it plays in where I am now, and the opportunity it presents for guidance.

Letting go is understanding that any experience can eventually be helpful, though this may often be difficult to understand at the time.

Letting go is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being, and make their own way, as you make yours.

Letting go is not to fix, but to be supportive if my support is requested, or if my offer of support is accepted.

Letting go is not to automatically deny or accept, attack or protect, flee or intervene. Sometimes letting go simply means waiting to see what happens.

Letting go is not to nag, scold, or argue,
but to be aware of how I might improve my relationship to others.

Letting go is not to criticise and regulate anyone,
but to try to live in a spirit of gentleness.

Letting go is to fear less and love more,
For in fearing more we love less and fear even more.

Letting go is trusting that if I can listen for more helpful understandings of life and how to live it, and occasionally learn, the rest will follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home