~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Sunday, July 17, 2005

The day i became Ms Harry Potter

Yesterday is the FIRST Bloggers' Convention but i miss it for a good reason... because i was doing this...


Acting as Ms Harry Potter

Cute? Heehee.. But seriously, it was tired and boring.. I arrived at Bukit Batok Central Mac at 6.15am to have a quick bite and then went to start work.. Since the renovation is still going on so the book sale had to be done still at the West Mall Open Plaza.. A small dizzle had started at around 6.30am and there was only 4 people queuing up then, outside the tent..

By 7am, there is a short queue already of about 10 plus people.. Although it is not as glam as the number in Borders, it is a surprise to us staff already...there is no free ipod mini, but there is free BK breakfast for the first 50 and a $12 popular voucher for those who preordered...

I dont know what i can do, except to say " THANK YOU!! HAPPY READING!!" over and over again but that enthusiam just die out as the time passed by.. By 12 noon, i'm a bit dead.. haha.. I walked here and there, even strolling into West Mall once.. Adrian accompanied me and said there is a lot of ppl staring at me.. haha.. i told him i dont care since i cant really see them(cos not wearing specs as i want to look prettier.. women, hmphz..)

Attracting so many stares.. maybe this is not something for a neighbourhood mall...Stare and stare.. Never die before ah.. Hmphz.. but the costume is really comical to me.. the tie is not even a real tie.. it is those funky ones.. Jialat.. And my wand sucks.. All this caused $45 for 3 days.. Actually, we were supposed to rent the black cape but the stupid costume shop staff let a imposter rented it away.. Never go to a small costume store around bugis area.. Anyway, heard from my colleagues that there are a lot of costume shops along this stretch of road in Bugis area.. Wonder where that is.. hee

No one wanted to take pics with me, so i had to forced my friends to take with me...wahaha..actually got took a pic with 2 kids but that pic is in my colleague, Eng dept's head, Chee Seng's camera..


This stupid Kok Chai aka Ah Girl (by his friends) went and took his own pic when we asked him to take an pic of his gf and me..


This is his gf, who used to work with me in cd rama.. I used to tease them about their supposed r/s and they really get together in the end.. haha


Me bored and bored.. Why no one takes pic with me?


Fine!!! I take pic of myself...


Yea!!

I had dinner with Esther and Adrian at my favourite-soon-not-to-be place, Mac.. Here's some pics of them..



Esther deep in thoughts and acting cute.. haha


Adrian amazed and stunned by Esther..

After work, i decided to take some pics with my colleagues cos this is the first and last time i may be wearing like this....


Me and Hueyling...Stupid Chee Seng is a lousy photographer.. Take pic so slow till i fall asleep and Hueyling frowns..


And makes me want to use my wandand cast some spells on him..

Did i mention that it is my first and last time wearing this costume? Photo whoring all the way..






Pic of all the young part timers (from left: Adrian, me, Rong Hwee aka Rong ge, Huai Kit aka Why Gay?).. By the way, all this guys are cowards.. cos they are supposed to wear the costume on 15th and 17th, when i am not working but they chickened out.. COWARDS!!!


Got this balloon from one of the Blue Orange guys... Dont know why they always got a staff to help them make this balloons during one of the days.. Maybe used to attracted kids ba since they are selling educational cd roms...

I was so tired at the end that i had to decline CG's offer to go Attica and meet with the rest of the Cowboy Bar gang.. To make it up, i went drinking with Adrian kor kor and Rong ge (they are actually younger than me.. hee) The guys are very considerate and went to the HDB block near my block to drink so that i can go home easier...I only drink a sublime 4.8% alcoholic drink.. haha.. cos too tired.. Adrian drink 3 bottles and we actually mixed some of them up.. and i sipped it.. still ok.. haha.. Then Adrian went to buy one more bottle at the small 7-11 near Bukit Batok ITE and the two guys bought mashed potatoes.. Then went below my HDB block and chatted.. Mostly is the two of them talking cos they are the ones with the love problems (No bf for me so of cos no love probs.. hee).. A lot of ants around me.. Eeks.. Went home at midnight..

And last but not least...


I got my HARRY POTTER BOOK 6.. wahaha.. nitey..

17 Comments:

  • eh..thought you were supposed to dress up as a witch ???

    anyway, have lots of sleep to recuperate so we can meet again ok??

    Just came back from movie and supper and I CAN'T SLEEP!! arghhhh..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:58 AM  

  • Yes.. a witch cos i am a gal mah.. But then ppl just called me Harry Potter when they saw me.. :(

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 9:44 AM  

  • wah...so cute ah!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:59 AM  

  • I must say you looked quite good in the costume. Phew pheet!

    But not hot meh?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 AM  

  • Ya agree with Jay-Walk. Phew pheet.

    Created a section in wikiepedia for those who could not attend. Want to add your name?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloggers.SG

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:48 PM  

  • heyhey. i noticed that from the movie, their wands look as if just pluck from tree that kind de... while yours look like david copperfield's. *grin* no offence k! =)

    By Blogger k.i.T.z, at 7:43 PM  

  • Hi.

    Actually you look quite cute! Keep on smiling! You look nice when u smile even wif your glasses on! =)

    *Cursed By THE DEVIL*

    "We should not lament about growing old. Instead we should always maintain our mental and physical health. A true sense of spiritual belonging does not come from others' approval of us but seeing reality as it is. If one could recognise the truth as such, life would have much greater meaning."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 PM  

  • Yap, if Harry Potter is played by a girl like you, I would have watched the movies... all three (or four?) of them.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:37 PM  

  • postmaster: Wau lao.. rare visitor.. thought u forget about my blog after you had your lady love liao.. Cant do magic in the outside world ah.. u never read the book, is it.. And i am so going to fail O.W.Ls.. sob sob

    chuwen: Yes yes.. of cos i'm cute.. wahaha

    jaywalk: Thank you thank you.. what can i say.. me made that costume looked good.. waha.. Not hot cos i was standing near the door of the mall, where the aircon comes out free flow.. In fact i was cold as the night falls..

    lancerlord: I want i want.. but how to add?

    k.i.t.z: no offence taken... i complain about that wand too but really bo bian.. cant go and torture a poor tree just for a one day show..

    Devil: Thank you but can dont curse me.. muahaha..

    bengz: How can you dont watch.. i demand you go watch it this Nov.. Hmphz.. there is 3 lead characters lah..

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 2:33 AM  

  • bengz: My mistake.. there are 3 movies currently but the fourth will be out in Nov.. better go watch or i find hammer hantan u.. hmphz

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 2:35 AM  

  • hey witchy/wizard? hmm ur shirt in my hands.. you want an extra one? got another M for sale too. brand new

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:05 PM  

  • Wow, u got the harry potter book 6... thats so cool... take care... sleep well...

    By Blogger Jiahui, at 9:15 PM  

  • chuwen: ok ok.. i will take that too..

    jiahui: take care too.. see u on 29th..

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 10:02 PM  

  • Added your name liaoz. But hor I put down "Chocolove". Or you prefer "Jaschocolate".

    Wiki

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:41 AM  

  • Lancerlord: can can.. thank you.. hee..

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 11:51 AM  

  • Is the small costume shop you refering to called "Costumes & Mascots"?

    Should had gone to No. 1 Costume Costume at Aliwal Street (enter this street after Costumes & Mascot & a Pub) as they have a much larger collection of Robes and Cloaks, tho' none are the movie version to avoid Copyright problems (unless they ARE commission to make the costume like for LOTR or Narnia). And if you put a deposit, they will keep the costume you had reserved aside so won't get double reserved. -__^

    Oh yes, I am one of those fully PoA Costumed people who were at Borders early in the morning when they launched the book and there only to see see and give support to one of our friends whose sis was one of the few in line. :-P

    By Blogger Jessica, at 2:24 PM  

  • Jessica: I'm not sure as the costume was rented by my manager. My manager actually reserved it already but other Popular branch rented it away and the shop staff thought we are from the same shop...

    Thanks for the suggestion. Will sure go there next time i need a costume. I did heard of the shop before as it was on tv before.

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home