~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Thailand Trip Aug 2005

Day 1 (03/08/05)

Got everything packed and met Huimin and Jocelyn at the Mrt Station. Then we took the train to Changi Airport. I hated the City Hall station the most.. Where all the commuters would try all means to squeeze in when the train was already packed.. Our luggage took up some space, which got us some stares.. Heck..

Meet Jane and her bf at Changi Airport Terminal 1 and the five of us took some time to figure out which counter to report to.. Hey, not that i am stupid but this was the first time i am in a transit flight, where the final destination is not MY destination, but instead my destination is stated as "via Bangkok".. I know i know.. this is an excuse.. Heehee :p

Checked in and then went into the duty free areas to shop shop.. Huimin and Jocelyn bought 2 big boxes of cigerettes (those with 10 packs inside).. Siao ah.. Dont tell me they can finish 20 packs in 4 days.. After that, the two of them went to the smoking area to smoke while Jane and i went to look around.. I bought a plug, those 2 pins type that can be used in Thailand, Taiwan, etc.. Good for me, cos i can recycled it for future trips..

I can never understand why we must report 2 hours earlier.. waste my time.. Anyway, went to the boarding place and waited for a while.. Jane and Huimin used the free phones there to make calls.. I spent time to watch tv, which was showing "Charmed".. I had not been watching it since season 3 loh..

Finally. we boarded the Finnair plane at 9.30pm.. It was a bumpy ride at the start, maybe due to the air currents.. Quite cold for me so I asked for blanket.. Didnt indicate that I wanted 4, so got 1 instead. I shared it with Huimin and Jocelyn who was sitting nearest to me.. Poor Jane was left out but she didnt seemed to be cold..

Food was okay but too bad there was no poker cards onboard.. Got 2 postcards as souvenir instead.. Reached Bangkok at 12.10am and looked for out guide there.. Got transported to Asia Hotel, checked in and went to the rooms. We discovered that we had no windows in our rooms.. No wonder, it was so cheap... Hmphz.. Never mind loh.. Huimin and Jocelyn stayed in roon 559 while Jane and I stayed in 561.

Wanted to go out but everything outside seemed to be closed.. Went to the nearby 7-11 instead to buy some tidbits and drinks.. I spent 98 bucks on 1 big bottle of mineral water, 1 bottle of chocolate milk, 3 chocolates (buy 2 get 1 free) and 1 O Lays tidbit.. Then back to the hotel rooms..

Looked through the tv channels and found that there were 3 channels i could watch: MTV chinese, MTV english and BBC news.. haha.. The four of us took some pics in my room... There are more pics in Jocelyn's digital camera but still need to wait for her to send to me..




Went to sleep after that cos it is already 3 plus and we are going for the free half day tour at 8am tomorrow..

Day 2 (04/08/05)





DAY 2 COMING SOON!!

My Flick Acct went bust with the no. of pics i got and that is only day 2.. wait for me to get a new free one, then i can post.. hee

4 Comments:

  • i waited for this blodg until i nearly peng san :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:59 PM  

  • Vanna: You can too.. just start saving now.. now go thailand cheap cheap wah..

    Ningx: Haha.. singapore small mah.. must find excitement somewhere else.. First day of work is okay.. 3 more days to go for this week.. hee..

    CG: Got so exaggerating mah.. go toilet now.. so smelly.. heehee

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 2:15 AM  

  • You can post pictures straight to blogspot now. When you are writing the post there is a new button for adding images -- you browse to the image you want on your computer and blogger uploads it and adds it to the post. I don't know if they limit the files, but it's an alternative to flickr (which I also use).

    By Blogger AbbaGav, at 7:18 PM  

  • You had a really great trip. Thailand is the Italy of Asia. Great food, sunshine, beaches and friendly people having fun.The country still exudes a special charm even as visitors numbers increase as Thailand's tourist industry thrives. Choosing to buy a property in Thailand is a smart investment decision. Places like Phuket and Koh Samui can offer buyers with the hottest property investments in Thailand.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home