~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Religion

I had always told ppl that i am an all-thinker, cos i believe in all religions, be it Islam, Buddhism or Christinity...

But it just occurred to me recently that maybe this belief in all the religions also means a lack of trust and commitment in me to put into only one religion..

So i guess, i envy all those who put so much faith in what they believe.. I guess i am just too self-centered to bellieve in something out there in the skies above and air around me..

Suddenly remembered my friend, Huizhen, who i finally contacted after a while.. She's now working in her church as a hr personnel (same line as me wor but different industry.. hee :p).

We were chatting and she asked me a question that was asked during her study group meeting.. The question is "Do you believe that God's protection is always around us or do you think that you need to have faith to activate God's protection?"

And i answered her that "The answer are both. God's protection is always around us but if you dont believe in its existence (meaning to have faith), how can it protect you?"

Of cos she said my answer is very correct and then this is the time i got the feeling that she is just saying it to please me (my distrusting behaviour sprung out again...) but well, it was a pleasant conversation (almost 2 hrs loh ;p)..

4 Comments:

  • hey, me too!! Juz can't put any trust in any religion... but envy those can have complete trust in what they believed in....

    By Blogger ying, at 11:10 PM  

  • Faith in a religion is a great a source of comfort especially in a crisis; or in times of need, despair......

    It also gives you extra strength and confidence in your daily struggles in life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

  • well, I think it's a fantastic answer.

    By Blogger Ang Ku Kueh, at 12:29 AM  

  • ying: Not sure complete trust in something is a good thing or not.. sighz..

    kryx: Yeah, i know.. and it only goes to show how small and weak humans are..

    AKK: Thanks :p

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home