~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Monday, December 19, 2005

There was a Malay wedding at the void deck of my HDB block on Sunday.. On Sat morning, on my way to work, Ms Kaypoh (me) decided to take some pics of the decorations seeing that there was no one around...


Overall decorations



Beautiful walkway


Seats for the guests..


Nice cushion seat for the wedding couple

Soooooo nice.. White evades gracefulness.. the whole decoration was soooo full of romance.. I didnt know a Malay wedding can be so beautiful, almost like a church wedding..

There was a blast of malay songs on Sunday as the performance started.. Songs with words that i dont understand but with rhythm that i can move my body to...I decided to leave the flat to do my Christmas shopping in Orchard road...

It was surprising to see that there was another event at the void deck of another HDB block as i walked to the MRT station.. This time round, it was a Chinese funeral... It just goes to say that you never know what will happen in the next moment of life.. So learn to cherish what you have and love it.. Learn to love someone with all your heart...

Having say that, i must admit i do not picture myself falling in love and getting married.. Not because i cant but more because i forced myself not to.. It is because i know myself too well.. i know that once i fall, it will be hard and i will be the type of gal who will do ANYTHING for my man.. And i dont want that to happen..

And friends' and my mom's experiences had really put me off as i dont want to be the position where my heart and soul will be hurt.. Call me a coward, cos i really rather not being hurt as i am not a strong person..

Anyway, one nice thing to share is that i went to Takashimaya to shop and i discovered that the gift wrappings and gift bags for Taka this year is BLUE.. MY favourite colour... It is so nice that i cant bear to use the gift wrappers.. hee...



I wonder why the person gave me such a big bag when my stuff is sooooo small.. maybe they want to conserve the small bags for the next few days..

Another qn troubling me.. why do Chinese ppl give blankets to the dead during the funeral? They should dont need it to be warmth....

5 Comments:

  • HDB Malay wedding last time where got so nice one?

    I am glad that finally somebody has decided to use some brain effort and turn something as mundane was the HDB void deck into something so graceful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 AM  

  • hmm...i've seen a bright yellow/gold Malay wedding ensemble before....also very nice! :)

    By Blogger Ang Ku Kueh, at 9:44 AM  

  • there was also a muslim wedding a few blocks away from my block this past sunday. didn't peek at the deco though but i heard them singing the hit chinese song...."xiao wei" by huang pinyuan. the singer sang so well, thought a chinese singing but later he continue with a malay song ;)

    By Blogger chartao, at 2:18 PM  

  • Don't be afraid to fall in love. I'm sure you will find a man who loves you and will do anything for you too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 PM  

  • Jay Daddy: Yeah loh.. or usually it will be the same design, and not so westernised.. Those ppl are really good with business ideas..

    AKK: Yeah loh.. that one is more traditional ba.. with the bright colours..

    Leonard: Haha.. it's not very uncommon nowadays..

    kryx: i hope so...

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home