~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Chingay Parade 2006

Update!!

Backtracked this a little cos i was too lazy to blog last weekend..

I was so fed up with work last week that when my colleague gave me a pair of tickets for the Chingay Parade Preview on 3/2/06 (Fri), i took it without any hesitation... Me, a person who never watched Chingay all the years before, at the scene or live on tv, actually went to see the parade this year...

I asked Jane to watch with me.. My seats are in Area 3, right in front of Orchard Point, meaning i had to wait a while before i actually see anything... and when we got there, we realised we had very "good seats" indeed... I actually took a pic using my friend's camera but i think she deleted it already.. the pains of having no digital camera of your own.. I drew out the view from my seats...



See soooo "nice" hor, I actually got such a poley view... This means we cant take any pics from the front view.. We were lucky that there was no obstacles of any sort from the direction the parade floats were coming from, thus we had a clear view of all the items when they arrived..


Nerdy me


Chio Jane

The first hour was very boring, with all the cheerleading stuff and shouting of cheers.. I appreciated the entertainment but the people are really not trained to make me feel enthusiatic.. I must self-enthu myself loh..
The Cheers Rockers were wearing bright pink... so funny to watch many guys wearing the pink.. gayish... heehee.. And i want to comment that the female host, Joyce Tan's mandarin really sucks to the core.. she was reading the script which was probably full of han yu pin yin words to help her to pronouce... she is much much better off at speaking in English... I cant even understand what she was saying and sometimes, she would use english words in the middle of the Mandarin sentence cos she cant say the words.. Area 3 sucks, i want Area 1 seats..



Warm-up Cheerleading session


I saw a lot of ppl sitting at the sides of the pavement watching the parade.. They dont need any tixs? If that's the case, i want to sit there next year as there will be a better view... Anyway, i enjoyed the whole thing very much... Dont mind doing this again next year :p


Jane in the middle of the road

I hated taking pics at nite as my hands tended to shake a lot.. Sighz.. Trying to upload the very very short video Jane took...



Update:

I forgot to mention about the goodie bag..

absolutely nothing of value inside except for the water and this...

Shaker


Too bad, i only have one.. will look nicer to dance to the music (u know the music in the movie madagascar?) with two shakers.. :p



And once again, you can see the kiasuism in Singaporeans as they rushed to get the free goodie bags.. They sure would be disappointed when they saw which's inside... But i sure the aunties will like the bags, that's the reason i bought mine house.... No, i'm not an auntie yet, i'm giving it to my mom.. :p

9 Comments:

  • Hey! I was there last friday too! I rushed down immediately after school, and managed to get there at 7.30pm sharp. Haha..

    I was in front of Ngee Ann City. Is that Area 1? Haha.. Oh, there was a tree at the most strategic position too. Blocked almost everything. I think the street rockers' pink shirt is damn nice leh. Hahaha..

    By Blogger kim, at 6:49 PM  

  • hi there, I was there on fri also but cannot see anything... too crowded liao

    By Blogger THE SLY ONE, at 1:21 PM  

  • kIm:
    I bet your hosts sounded better.. wau lao, u got seats? At least u dont need to wait sooo long for the first float to come...



    the sly one:
    Welcome to my blog.. I believe is the first time you comment here?

    Ahh, saw from your blog that you were in the same area as me.. i think you are standing tooo far also lah.. At the very worst is to watch it live on tv loh...

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 1:48 PM  

  • I welcome u to my blog also la. Aiya, Tv no more liao... hehe.

    By Blogger THE SLY ONE, at 5:19 PM  

  • Haha.. erh.. next year should be more interesting.. wonder will there be a float filled with piggy... :p

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 7:37 AM  

  • woah, what a filial daughter to give the auntie looking bag to your mum...

    By Blogger chartao, at 11:03 AM  

  • Leonard Uncle: I sense sarcasm... are u jealous, i can give it to u one, u know? :p

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 11:05 AM  

  • no thanks, me dun like purple...

    By Blogger chartao, at 11:19 AM  

  • It's not purple.. it's PINK!!

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home