~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I read this in SPG's blog long ago.. So i thought i will just share it here too.. After all, that's the magic of blogging, right? You read something and put on your blog to share.. Other ppl read what you had wrote and also put it onto their blogs, letting more ppl know about it..

In fact, my friend, Jane told me that my poly friend, Michelle recognised her from the pic i posted on this blog.. Now, Jane is afraid that i exposed her whereabouts too much.. lalalalala... Anywhere, see if you can make sense of the situation below.. it took me errr.. 5-10 mins to figure it out.. heehee.. i'm an idiot..

"Three guys go in to a hotel, each with $10 in his pocket. They book one room at $30 a night. A short while later, a fax from headquarters directs the hotel to charge $25 a night. So the receptionist gives the bellhop $5 to take to the three guys sharing a room. Since the bellhop never got a tip from them, and because he can’t split the $5 three ways, he decides to pocket $2 and give them each $1 back. So each of the guys now has spent $9, and the bellhop has $2, for a total of $29. Where’s the extra dollar?"

-Frank Morgan, The Math Chat Book

6 Comments:

  • Split between the three men.

    I also don't know...

    By Blogger Dickson, at 2:39 PM  

  • Nope, you're not an idiot...

    maybe you blog too detailed ba...

    tell your frd not to worry as those blog entires are things that had happened..unless you're telling people what you're going to do the next day or whatsoever...

    By Blogger chartao, at 3:23 PM  

  • The $2 that the bellhop took is already included inside the $9 that the 3 man paid.

    So we shouldn't be adding the $2 again. Instead, should add the $1 that is being refunded to the 3 man.

    $9 * 3 + $1 * 3 = $30

    By Blogger DK, at 5:54 PM  

  • Waffle boy: Hahaha.. u so s-l-o-w.. slower than me anyway..

    leonard: err.. my "idiot" referred to me using more than 5 mins for the math prob..

    Frankly, I dont care about what my friend had said (and she was joking anyway),..cos unless she dont go out with me loh, then her pic will definitely be in this blog.. And all this while, I had quite discreet with my friends' things and more open about my own feelings :p

    DK: Smart.. I got it already lah.. :p

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 9:13 PM  

  • But correct what...

    "The $2 that the bellhop took is already included inside the $9 that the 3 man paid."

    In other words, that 1 more dollar is split amongst the three person...

    By Blogger Dickson, at 7:39 AM  

  • Waffle boy: u said "i dont know" mah.. in the first place, there is NO extra dollar.. lalalalala

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home