~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Sunday, March 12, 2006

IT Show 2006

I went to the IT show 2006 yesterday.. The moment i stepped out of the mrt station, i started to regret it already.. There are so many ppl walking towards Suntec loh... I saw a preview show of the Manhunt 2006 at the Citylink Mall..

I only saw 3 contestests before i decided to get going... No. 14 seemed to be trying too hard.. He wanted to look more charming but his roving eyes made me think that he is very exaggerating in his moves.. :p

I decided to walk to Suntec via Marina Square after seeing the crowd waiting at the bridge crossing to Suntec.. When i was walking by Marina Square, i saw Bryan Wong, Wang Hui, DJ Mary (巫许玛丽) and DJ Zhiyong (志勇) at the center stage, promoting Creative products. After listening a while, then i discovered that it is actually the opening of the first Creative shop today. The shop is situated at 3rd floor of Marina Square. I am actually very tempted to buy the products after Bryan Wong's intro.. Bryan also mentioned that 莫小玲 actually has her own blog, telling readers where to shop or not to shop.. I think i must go to find the blog soon..

I saw Chee Seng at the Marina Square and got to know that he had quitted his job at Popular. He is now working somewhere in Kaki Bukit View as Sales engineer.. hahaha... I guess most of us will just leave sooner or later... Sighz.. Started walking to Suntec..

Saw the games booths at Level 3.. Nintendo booths at both sides and a big X Box booth in the middle... There are many demo display sets for the customers to try before they decided to buy.. so fun..


Display sets for ppl to try..


Adults and children queuing up to try to break the record and win a free set..


X Box Balloon


Crowd at X Box booth

I dont have any interest in the games so i went up to Level 4 to look at the electronic products.. I saw Waffle ah boy again.. hahaha.. i think i must go and buy 4D liao.. The moment i stepped in, i felt so clueless already.. Basically, i was only there to pass time and looked at stuff but there was just too many ppl around.. So much that i found it hard to move around.. There are many famous brands in this level, ranging from Canon to Panasonic to i dont know who liao... SO many...


The crowd around Fujifilm booth..


More crowd...

See the guy in red in the below pic.. His baby pram kept stepping on my slippers , making me almost falling.. (mental note: Dont wear slippers to crowded places if you want your feet and yourself intact at the end of the day) Sometimes, i really wonder about the IQ of these parents.. Why the hell do you even bring your baby to such places, where everyone is busy grabbing cheap products.. What if someone pushed me and i fell onto your baby? Use your brains lah, the zoo is a better family outing place..



The booth i am really interested in is Canon.. Somehow, i also felt that Canon is a better brand.. Maybe i am totally won over by its advertisements and also maybe cos my SLR is this brand.. I dont have money or else i will buy its digital SLR camera loh.. Now, maybe can only target the normal digital cameras... Anyway the Canon booth seemed to be the biggest in that level..


Canon sign


All these ppl are queuing to pay money to Canon, ok?

I think the ppl at Canon have a sense of humor.. See the pic..



Free pole dancing for every purchase of printer... One of the salesmen, a uncle saw me taking this pic, then teased me... He asked whether i wanted to do a demo, that i dont need to buy the printer to dance for them... I can only laugh and blush.. heehee..

The i proceeded to Level 6, where i think were more of the not-so-famous booths.. Surprisingly, OSIM and OTO booths were there too.. I sweared i saw "American Express Card" booth too.. so funny, like encouraging ppl to spend more money :p

I saw this brand, "Sonic Gear". The speakers looked very nice.. Even got one shaped very similar to iPod.. heehee... The speakers are for you to connect to your iPod, laptop or whatever...




iPod speakers? About $129... (if i remember correctly)

Left at 4.50pm.. I had only spent 1 hour in the IT Show.. You know that everytime, you went to such shows, you would usually had a lot of flyers at the end of the show, right? I only got 3 yesterday... I wonder why cos i usually got a lot.. maybe my face told the ppl "no", even if i didnt say it out loud.. heehee.. Walked back to Marina Square, just in time to catch the fashion show at 5pm.. I liked the caucasian models more.. I think they looked better.. (Am i becoming more spg?) The event lasted till 2 April and there will still be fashion shows for the next 3 Sats :p


I liked the designs of this Fashon Fever event.. See the flowery designs.. So nice..


The purple hangers and the flowery designs reminded me of Anna Sui products..

After the fashion show, i went to the Creative shop.. I saw this keyboard that allowed the person to play music.. so nice.. I heard of it the last time and wanted to buy it.. But not sure i will really need it or not... I went down to Queensway to buy some sports shoes.. Dropped by Ikea to see what's new before going to Queensway Shopping Centre..

I went to my favourite shop at level 2.. So far, i bought all my sports stuff there.. Maybe i like the service there more.. The person intro me to this brand, "Saucony" when i said i want to buy a pair of shoes for serious running.. Actually i heard of this brand when i was in Secondary school.. My Tracks and Field teacher intro it to our team but i had never wore this brand before.. It's very comfortable, except i dont like the design.. :p

But i bought the shoes, cos i trust the salesperson.. Cos i know how impt that your opinion to be taken seriously by your customers.. The bond and trust between the two ppl.. Chin, is it? I bought another shoes for more casual purpose.. In the end, i left the shop with $175 lesser.. Haiz...


Saucony shoes


nike shoes


Bought this furry purse bag at $8.90.. Another impulse buy..

Took Bus 61 home.. The driver sucked.. He kept braking suddenly and as the bus is those 2 connecting section type, the ppl sitting at the second section kenna loh.. One old man was walking to the alighting place when the bus braked, causing him to fall to the floor.. All of us at the back were shocked by the loud impact made... Stupid bus driver...

You know the happiness you felt when you reached home and there is a warm dinner waiting for you? Undescribable lah... i am becoming fatter....


My dinner


Home cooked chicken leg...

Wonder whether i should go to the book fair at Expo or not... Hmmmmmm

12 Comments:

  • I went on friday night, too crowded liao..

    By Blogger THE SLY ONE, at 2:49 PM  

  • saucony running shoes are the best! but yeah, usually the designs are not too nice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 PM  

  • I love Aasics! = D And you're not the only who thinks Sonicgear speakers look like iPod. Just last week I went to Sim Lim and I saw so many of them. I think a bit copy the Creative speakers.. Any idea?

    Anyway the baby prams are good weapons lor you don't know. Give yourself a lot of space one.

    By Blogger Zhe Bin, at 7:03 PM  

  • haha, i was there today too! i also tried the nintendo brain test thingy...

    By Blogger KwokSiong, at 8:57 PM  

  • I'm the smartest I guess. I stayed home and admired my full pockets. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 PM  

  • I also go today loh ... 3 levels?? Walking thru 1 level is enuff to make me puke already ... anyway, was they to buy scanner only. ya ... didn't know Fashion festival is here again? no wonder so many photographers lurking around Marina Square hehehe ...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 AM  

  • the sly one: i think crowded on all the days...

    kookabaru: So you got a pair too? I dont mind the design lah cos got the nike one to wear to go gai gai..

    bin bin: Creative speakers seemed to be smaller, right? Anyway, the flyer said that the iPod design is patented...

    Stupid baby pram for more space... next time i go overturn it...

    Kwok Siong: I never tried the game cos i dont my timing will sucks.. hee :p

    OLLie: I still have to buy the shoes mah cos my other two are leaking liao..

    slurp!: You never go and see pretty ladies ah.. heehee..

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 10:00 AM  

  • i went on fri night...one thing to say....sg's traffic is getting worst! set off 6 plus and reach the hall at 7.20pm...so many ppl, within seconds, PA announce closing in 30 mins, 10 mins, 5 mins.

    neber buy anything as checking out stuffs is already a headache...dunn worry..other than OTO and OSIM... car booth can be found too!

    By Blogger chartao, at 12:54 PM  

  • got got got, i walk pass Olympus booth and so lucky they were having live bikini shootout. wow ... eyes makan ice kreme loh hahahaha ..... but there were so many in front of me, so only managed to catch a glimpse only :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 PM  

  • leonard: some of the pains of having a car = no available parking space and traffic jams.. got car booth? maybe i never walked to the inside...

    slurp!: hahha.. your saliva is drooling liao...

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 12:14 AM  

  • U should only go to the bookfair at Expo if u read Chinese books `cos it's a Chinese book fair. Anyway, it's over. The only English books there r from Popular Bookstore.

    By Blogger Mockingbird, at 3:26 PM  

  • michael chua: It's not over yet.. Last day is this sun, 19th...

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home