~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

TERMINATED!!!

My colleague got terminated yesterday with the reason of lack of performance... I was very shocked.. I mean how cruel can you be... My colleague did not do anything bad, like smoke in the office premises or whatever.. What i cant stand the most is that she was asked to come back to BB plant (she was situated in Ubi plant due to another executive resigning) yesterday with a lie that she will be given something to do.. Yeah, that something is to pack up her stuff.. Fuck loh..

My manager is really using her as a warning to all of us... Even other depts know how slow my manager is at doing her work and now, she blamed it on my colleague, saying that she had to do my colleague's work and had no time to do her own stuff.. So for the sake of HR dept, she had to do this cruel thing...No wonder it is so hard to perform under her.. She can only makes us want to go and not stay..

Everytime i was lazy to start moving on, my boss will do something to motivate me to go off.. time to type that resume..

Update: To all, for your info.. I dont really know all the details with regards to whether the no performance is true or not.. But what i can see is that my boss cannot plan her work.. And having a competent team of staff will not help her.. What she wants is a team of supermen and superwomen who are goddamn willing to do free ot for her till the wee hours, just like what she is doing every single day.. I fucking think that the rest of us are not needed... Just need her and her capable right-handed person (my direct supervisor) will be enough to suffice..

And my boss is damn 假.. she was saying that she had never told us how bad my colleague was cos it was not nice to talk bad stuff about another.. Then who is the fucking person who commented about my colleague to me during those talks that i was asked into her office for these past weeks.. Dont tell me it was a fucking ghost who had spoke to me.. or she is so old that she got 老人痴呆症 and she forgotten all about it.. Damn disgusting...

The company also fucked up... cheated us employees money.. think we dont know (actually i really didnt know till someone told me the calculations of the pay are wrong)... They are cutting on so many benefits liao and now, still cheated us of our rightfully deserved pay.. Btw, i will be moving to JKC office next month.. hopefully, i dont stay there long cos i had predicted there will be hell for me as i will most probably be under thatexecutive over there that caused two executives (of the same position) to resign one after another.. How i know? Cos my designated seat will be next to her while my current colleagues are at the other side.. Fuck!!!

8 Comments:

  • think you need to check the facts before concluding. ask your colleague the whole story...:(

    By Blogger sOnG, at 10:59 AM  

  • why go prepare the resume so fast...

    u're one of the potential candidate to be terminated?? haha

    hey, the girl on page 3 of Digital Life yesterday got a bit look like u lei.... go see

    By Blogger chartao, at 10:59 AM  

  • wah piang. you scare me. I thought you kena terminated. Your title is scary. Hahaha..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 AM  

  • There are 2 ways of looking at this and it is up to you to choose which.

    On one hand, the company is terminating somebody for doing nothing wrong.

    OTOH, the company is terminating somebody for doing nothing.

    So the handling of the termination left a lousy after taste in everybody's mouth, due to the way it was done.

    Now pause to think if this is due to the fact that management are not accustomed to handling this sort of termination case i.e. this is not something that the management often do?

    In that case, perhaps there were valid justification to let the colleague go?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 PM  

  • termination are usually given 1 month notice. for immediate termination, the employee must have committed a grave error in order for company to do that.

    "the reason of lack of performance" is merely a coverup to save employee face usually.

    if the employee really felt he/she been unfairly served with termination, i believe he/she can approach the union for assistance.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:00 PM  

  • song: I knew that she had a warning letter before.. But it's the way my boss handles the matter that left a bitter taste for me..

    leonard: No, in fact.. i seemed to be another of her pet soon and i hate that..

    i will go and search for a copy of Digital Life.. :p

    ollie: Oei.. have some faith in me, can?

    j dad: Not so sure of the "doing nothing" part but yeah, the way matters are handled are not right...

    I personally believed that it is not right to terminate just like that, especially since we are the HR ppl..

    And the justification my boss gave does not convince me.. And all along, the whole dept knew she dont like this colleague cos she will do some personal stuff in office..

    slurp!: Does union helps those that are executive level? cos that what my colleague told me.. i think she's planning to email the CEO of the company instead..

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 1:27 AM  

  • from what i know, having an executive name in your job title still doesn't means you are considered executive level in the company hierarchy.

    and as what song have said, check the facts from your colleague not yout boss.

    whatever, i wish that the injustice will soon be redressed

    By Blogger slurp!, at 10:01 PM  

  • slurp!: Her level is considered executive level.. I decided to forget about this and concentrated on finding a job :p

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home