~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Friday, August 04, 2006

The Lake House vs Il Mare

I went to watch "The Lake House" yesterday afternoon.



As it was a US remake based on the korean movie, "Il Mare", which i had watched twice already, I was curious to see how it will turn out to be.

While the storyline remains the same, where there is a lakehouse, there is a magical letterbox and they lived 2 years apart, there are some minor changes. Like how she becomes a doctor and he is the son of a famous architect. Guess that helped to explain how both of them can afford to live in the nice house. Instead of a weak female lead, Sandra Bullock protrayed a modern woman, who is strong in the outside but lonely within.

It is hard not to make comparsion between the two as we humans love to compare and contrast (Just look at how stiff the competition is at in the schools nowaday :p).


Jun Ji-hyun starred in this movie before her breakthrough in "My Sassy Girl" in 2001


Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock reunited in "The Lake House"

If i had to make a choice between these two movies, i will choose "Il Mare". I guess i feel that even though it is not perfect, with lots of those questionable areas, it still manages to bring with it a sense of sincerity and trueness.. Who cares that both of them are broke like hell, when the focus is the connection between the two. I guess the Asian director/scriptwriter brings it out more, since 含蓄 is part of us Asians. And this movie is best when it is 含蓄, from my point of view anyway.

One plus point for both is that both had handsome and pretty actors and actresses, who i liked alot. :p Who do not like to see pretty and handsome faces on the screen? I still prefer the scenery in the Korean movie, though.. Looked more enticing to me.. I WANT TO GO KOREA LEH!!! Who wants to sponser???

5 Comments:

  • *throws money at jas*

    na! give you 1000 Indonesian Rupiah!

    hee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:23 PM  

  • weige: BISH BISH BISH

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 1:27 PM  

  • I am going to watch it later this Evening.
    YAY!

    By Blogger Dickson, at 4:34 PM  

  • I really wanted to go and see this but I think I missed it over here.

    By Blogger Jiggles, at 4:44 AM  

  • waffle boy: Good for you.. it's nice..

    the single one: Oh, i think the timing is different for different places.. Well, you can always rent dvd when it is out. :)

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home