~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Friday, August 18, 2006

My Name is Kim Sam Soon

I just finished watching "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" in two days, just before it started showing on local television.. Haha..


pic from imbc.com

Synopsis (taken from here)


Kim Sam Soon, played by Kim Sun Ah (pic from imbc.com)

Kim Sam Soon (SS) is a 29 years old, fat, pastry chef, who has just lost her job and her boyfriend on Christmas Eve. She has all the insecurities of a woman grazing 30. With yet another failed relationship, SS scrambles desperately to rebuild her career and her love life.

SS manages to find a job at "Bon Appetite" restaurant when she gets acquainted with the owner of the restaurant, Hyun Jin Heon (JH). JH is young, handsome but aloof and cold.


Hyun Jin Heon, played by Hyun Bin (pic from http://www.hyunbin.net.tc)

JH is the only son of a hotel chain owner. Although born with a silver spoon, fate had dealt JH with a hard hand. Three years ago, a fatal car accident, where JH was the driver, resulted in the death of his elder brother and sister-in-law; and at the very same time his girlfriend of 5 years left him for her studies in the US. JH had to endure both physical and mental pain to overcome his problems and rebuild his life. The death defying experience left JH scarred as he stops believing in love and happiness.

Due to a moment of convenience, both SS and JH ended up signing a dating contract, where SS will receive KRW 50 mio (which she needed to redeem her family house) and in turn she will pretend to be JH's girlfriend to fend off his mother's endless efforts to get him match made and married.

When JH's ex-girlfriend returns to seek reconciliation; SS realizes that she has fallen for JH, and their contractual relationship gets complicated.


Yoo Hee-jin, played by Jung Ryu Won and
Dr. Henry Kim, played by Daniel Henney (pic from imbc.com)

My take:
When I first watched this show, all I can do is laugh and cry and scolded the female lead, asking her not to do stupid things, like messaging the male lead so many times when it is so obvious that he had went back to his ex-girlfriend..

I did not know this was extracted from a Internet story/ novel but that did not stop me from enjoying the show. In fact, I will enjoy the show more as I wont be constantly comparing between the two. I really admire the actress, Kim Sun Ah, who actually gained weight for this role. She had really put in alot to ensure that she can bring out the spirit in the role.


I want the piggy!!! (pic from imbc.com)

The fact that there are 4 good-looking actors/actresses is another reason that motivates me to complete the show so fast.. And dont you think that Daniel Henney looked a little like Daniel Wu from Hong Kong.. There are some similarities there.. Hahaa.. And he actually had the same birthday as me.. So weird..

I like the way the director brings out the character of each role, allowing us to understand a bit more of the person as we watched more... And I love the fact that the male characters are always so devoted (ok, maybe not always :p)

Although the ending is a bit weird to me, I love the fact that it is a happy ending. I guess most girls will like to see happy endings and that the ugly duckling can turn into a beautiful swan one day. I feel so sad now that I had finished watching... Ahhhhhhhh :p


They looked so cute (pic from imbc.com)

By the way, I am totally obsessed over Hyun Bin now... Whoops... He is so cute....


pic from http://www.hyunbin.net.tc


pic from http://www.hyunbin.net.tc

The songs in the show are great too.. I totally loved the song used in the ending, "She Is". Here a video (taken from youtube.com) for you to enjoy. :)

9 Comments:

  • I lost count with the number of "Kum Gong" I said last night...

    By Blogger Dickson, at 3:49 PM  

  • that's so cool, you're ahead of time and need not watch tv during weekday nights!! :)

    can sleep early!

    By Blogger chartao, at 4:16 PM  

  • dickson ah boy: But she is soooo cute!!!

    leonard: Errr... i am still going to watch it on tv if i happened to be at home leh.. :p

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 11:01 PM  

  • eh eh. u got the dvd ah... can... BORROW? :X

    hahah

    By Blogger sassyjan, at 11:27 PM  

  • janise: Sure, let me just check with my mom whether she is going to watch it before i confirm with u :p

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 11:30 PM  

  • Yes, I agree with you Daniel Henney looks a little like Daniel Wu.

    By Blogger 洛奇飞, at 1:26 AM  

  • 燕兄: Haha.. both are super charming men :p Oooh, totally mesmerised by them...

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 12:07 AM  

  • Minitoons got sell the pig before. Now, no more. I saw it in Korea!! But... din get.. =P Hyun Bin IS cute!! *drool* So is Daniel Henney... *drool drool*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 AM  

  • I just watched and wrote a post about this drama about 2 weeks ago. Actually I wrote it before I even finished it, I was that blown away. Amazing drama ^^

    By Blogger Quaal, at 6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home