~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Friday, November 10, 2006

Fire Fire

Yesterday was another exciting day as a small fire broke out in West Mall Food court around 5.50pm. Apparently, someone was frying something and totally forgotten about it. The fire ten spread to the next stall.

There was a lot of smoke and the alarm started to ring. A lady fainted after unhaling too much smoke. I can see alot of people leaving the building, but there are also some who crowded around Popular entrance and at level 4, watching...

What was I doing? Continue working as I need to prevent people from stealing during this situation. All the smoke and ring alarm gave me a headache. I had some customers who are so calm that they continued shopping. I do not know whether I should admire them or laugh at their stupidity.

The Fire Defence people came 15-20mins later.. Everythiing was fine at around 6.40pm, except that there was a lot of cleaning up to do as the floor was flooded with water.. By the time I finished work, operations are back to normal at the food court. I pity those who ate half-way in the food court and had to leave the place. Heee... end of my exciting day liao...

5 Comments:

  • singaporeans are a apathetic bunch, true or false?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 PM  

  • Sigh, it's a lousy job if you have to continue working even if the building may be burning up. Reminds me of the case in
    Indonesia(???). A shopping mall break into a fire and many people die coz the manager will not allow anyone to leave the building unless they have paid for their items and to prevent thefts. Lucky the manager himself die as well in the fire.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 PM  

  • it's either we have too much faith in our firemen/civil defence or we thought it's a fire drill.

    I guess, unless they annouce over the loudspeaker, most people won't take it seriously...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 AM  

  • ccw: It's like that loh... U are also Singaporean what..

    Anon: Well, there was not really an annoucement asking us to leave the building loh.. That's why still have to work..

    An: I think most ppl do not care.. till it is too late..

    By Blogger Jaschocolate, at 9:25 AM  

  • A firedrill is needed

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home