~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Korea Trip 2006

WARNING!!!! Many pictures so may load awhile..

To those who are not aware, I recently joined a travel agency as a tour consultant... So i got my first chance to lead a tour to Korea last month.. I got to admit everything was a bit messy on the first day, during the check-in at the airport... I just wish to forget that shit liao.. Reached Korea on the morning of day 2..

Day 2
1st stop: Presidential Blue House


This is purely for some phototaking.. But sooooooo damn cold that everyone can only stand 15min in the open..

2nd stop: Kimchi Making..

Passengers get to make kimchi and dress in korean attires for phototaking...

3th stop: Dongdaemun Market
Blur little me didnt go shopping loh... Wasted.. Cos i was pestering the guide about some info mah..

After that, left the Seoul to take domestic flight to Jeju Island, where Koreans actually went for their honeymoon :p


My room in Jeju Oriental Hotel.. Super super spacious ah...

Day 3

1st stop: Yongduam Rock



It just looked like a pile of rocks to me, though i know it is formed due to volcano.. blah blah blah... Anyway, got a guy, who actually volunteered to help me take my picture (pardon the messy hair).. I think he was leading the other tour group as guide or photographer.. So cute loh... There, i was waiting for my passengers to finish and someone actually asked me.. Maybe he thought i am a tourist too? Heehee...


The guardians.. Said to be able to bless Korean women to have sons..

2nd stop: Green Tea Museum


Outside the Museum


Green Tea ice-cream that i had to buy myself.. Hmphz...


I like the scenery in the garden..


The guide, the handsome driver uncle and me...


Me at tea fields...


Lunch at Korean BBQ Restaurant...

3rd stop: ATV ride





ATV instructor and me... I took a ride from this instructor and it was damn exciting as he kept doing stunts... :)

4th stop: Jeju Folk Village







Sorry for the weird smile... cos the sun is in my face and i was trying to self-take the pic.. Standing in front of the makeshift jail.. Heee :p

5th stop: Songsan Sunrise Peak


Instead of sunrise, we see sunset bah... Took 20mins to climb... It was very tiring but still okay, as compared to the ones i climbed in Malaysia.. haha..


I only noticed the stupid person taking pic when i was sorting the pics in Singapore... spoilt my pic loh and the light is so much nicer.... Sighz..


Flushed from the climbing...


Beautiful!!!


I love Jeju!!!


Pic with guardian statue... Can see it everywhere...

6th stop: Mandarin Oranges Farm (bonus)


Yum yum...


For someone who hate eating oranges in Singapore, I ate alot in Jeju loh... Cos their mandarins are really sweet!!! Especially the small ones... :p

Day 4

Took the domestic flight early in the morning to Daegu..

1st stop: Dongwasha Temple






The lake/pool was actually frozen...


This is in landscape view...




I saw this old auntie carrying a lot of things to go up.. Like very sad leh...


Statues...




Self-taken pic..


Sorry if my smile is very weird cos i was rushing to take the pics..


Tofu soup.. Looked spicy? Not really..

2nd stop: Shopping at Jung Angro Street
Once again, I didnt go shopping.. But guide did bring me to eat some local food :p

3rd stop: Spa Valley

The spa was really enjoyable.. First time trying something where you need to be naked. I was quite okie about it, but my passengers were a bit awkward about it at first... But then i think they also got used to it later.. I tried one of the saunas, very shiok..


Me after enjoying spa.. Looked tired wor..


Pork cutlet rice for dinner at Spa Valley

I shared a room with the guide and photographer that night as we were going to drink a little alcohol..


Photographer and me at hotel room


The alcohol we drink... Shao Jiu (?) and beer... I fell asleep very soon after drinking.. Too tired already :)

Day 5


Christmas tree at hotel..



1st stop: Maisan Provincial Park




One of the slopes.. Does it looked like the ear of a horse to you? :p






These piles of stones represent the wishes of the people.. They believe that the higher they managed to pile, then more possible for their wishes to be delivered to the Gods and more possible for it to come true.


Mushroom Shabu Shabu Lunch - all sorts of mushroom goody..


Woman seasoning cabbages to make kimchi :p


Uncle selling chestnuts..

2nd stop: Strawberry farm


Strawberries!!!




Weird shape..




I usually do not eat strawberries as well.. But they are quite sweet in Korea... Eat and eat..

3rd stop: Korean Traditional Wine Museum




Wine available for sale..


Cute bottles..

4th stop: Jeonju Traditional Craftworks Exhibition Hall


Lovely sunset..




My room in Riviera Hotel..


Small cake bought from the hotel cafe

Day 6

1st stop: Sangsoo Herb Land




Funny owner giving a talk..


Frozen waterfall.. Nice..


Sighz.. need to find someone to take pic with me here.. in 10yrs time :p

2nd stop: Yongin Everland


Number of animals available.. But i only managed to see...


Lions


Tiger


Bear

Where did the rest went off to? Especially elephant, cos only got one.. so rare... hehehe...


Me at the sealions show..


Taking the cable car with the photographer.. she accidentally knocked her forehead so she is covering that up..


Yea!!


Hot Chocolate on a cold day..

I actually made a mistake that day.. Never mind, will remember not to do that again :(

3rd stop: Nami Island

This is the only bad time arrangement for the whole trip.. I was not aware that it will be soooooooooooooooooo dark already.. Of cos, some of the passengers were not very happy cos unable to take the pictures of the scenery.. :(


Nami Island in the dark..


Winter Sonata


Fake but cute snowmen..


We celebrated the birthday of two of the guests... I love the Korean candles.. so long and thin..


Closer view of cake..

Managed to have a drink that night with the tourleader of 7 days Ski tour, Moon.. She was going to leave on the next day afternoon.. Oops, i still owe her a drink since she treated me that night :p

Day 7

1st stop: Changdukgung Palace


Me at Changdukgung Palace


This is the only pic i will show of my passengers cos the children are realllllllly cute... I love the younger sis the most.. heheehe


The last bits of autumn..


Cynthia (tourleader for another grp)and me...



Hanjeonsik Lunch




Eat and watch performance..

2nd stop: Ginseng Monopoly Showroom and amethyst factory
Shopping and shopping for local products.. Damn cheap when you compared the prices here and at the medical shops in Singapore..

3rd stop: COEX Mall
Took a 40mins break at this shopping mall... I had a hot chocolate from MacDonalds.. So hard to buy something when you do not know the language..

4th stop: Lotte World




Filming site of "Stairways of Heavens"


Merry-go-round..

I met Cynthia for some shopping at Lotte World.. The earrings are damn cheap and pretty.. I helped a colleague to buy a piggy soft toy and actually have to go to Lotte Mart to get a carton box to put it.. heehee.. Cynthia also introduced the melon ice-cream to you.. Very nice and costed only 500won loh.. Wow, i missed the taste...


Big tv in room at Imperial Palace Hotel..


The decorations are really bright in the hotel.. like a big christmas tree.. heehee..



Day 8

This is the optional bus tour actually and all my tour members joined it :p

Namsangol Hanok Village


Walk walk around the place.. nothing much to see.. Try to play a traditional game at the square ground..

Ginseng Chicken Lunch


After that, went to two other places for shopping.. I finally managed to buy the socks my friend want.. *sweats*


Photographer and me at the airport.. She is soooooo pretty.. It is so funny in the way we two communicates.. Broken english, with lots of body language and eye contact.. hehe...


Final pic with photographer and guide...


The brocheres i brought home.. Kiasu hor...


Goodies i managed to buy.. See the piggy i helped my colleague buy.. It's Kim Sam Soon piggy wor..


HP accessories as gifts for colleagues..


Chopsticks and pens as gifts..


Very delicious biscuits... eat until i very happy.. Pls remember to try this if you saw this brand :p

Oh, i am definitely the most kiasu tour leader.. Got teased by other tour leaders taking the same flight that I got a lot of luggage... I think i really bring too much clothes.. i change a top everyday wor and brought 2 jackets loh.. Kiasu hor.. But i was really afraid i will be too cold mah.. I went on one trip and i need to trouble 5 people loh cos i borrowed most of the stuff.. No winter wear is like that.. hehehe..Okie, i cant wait for my next trip.. :p

Check out the other pictures from the tour here

1 Comments:

  • Wow set...so cool to lead the tour!!! Got any vacancy?? Keke. it must be real fun!

    If no job....buy package from u, got discount?? kekeke

    By Blogger defy angel, at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home