~The insights of crappy Jasmine gal~

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Qing Ming Festival

Whenever I heard of Qing Ming Festival, my first thought will be to link it to the story of Lady White Snake.... I really pity the lady in the story... Being so brave to love a mere mortal, who ended up hurting her back just because he do not have the "eyes" to see the truth..

Anyway, this blog entry is not about the story.. It is actually to tell you all that my relatives and my family actually went to worship my grandparents on the few days before Qing Ming Festival.

We ordered a paper house and accessories to burn to them as my grandmother appeared in my aunt's dream, crying that they had no house to live in below there... Even though it was made of paper, the whole thing costed a lot loh... Think came up to $1500 for everything, including requesting a monk to help pray...


Fa Gui that my mom made herself.. Pardon the shape cos she had not figure out how to make it look nicer yet...


The paper house that costed a few hundreds..


Upclose...


Even got tv and dvd player...


Pouring the folded paper money around the house.... All these folded by my mom at home.. Because if we asked the person to prepare, it will cost $300...


Whole family pour in to help...


Typical Singaporeans as my cousins took pics of the lucky numbers on the house and car... And I took their pic.. haha...


Starting to pray and worship...


Before burning...


What took us so much time and money to prepare are gone in 10mins' time.. Sighz... So what's your story on Qing Ming?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home